Saturday, January 29, 2011

Obligatory BDO post 2011

I came home greasy, sweaty, smelly and dirty, so I must have been to the Big Day Out. Musically, it wasn't the most amazing of BDOs, but it was well worth it just for Grinderman.

Mostly, it was hot. Really hot. BOM promised us storms, but they never made it to Olympic Park. I spent a good proportion of the day hiding from the sun, but I still managed to enjoy The Naked and Famous, Children Collide, The Jim Jones Revue, Birds of Tokyo, John Butler Trio and Grinderman. The only serious disappointment for me was Bliss n Esso, who were crap, really. Washington didn't excite me as much as I expected, but she was battling the elements so I'd give her another shot.

Grinderman though - wow. Nick Cave back to screaming insanity. I loved it. So did the crowd.
Grinderman
I chose not to take the new iPhone, so the photos are crap, but if you get a chance to see them, do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment