Friday, August 28, 2009

Kids on domesticity

Jo Tamar recently posted some amusing, and some disturbing, questions about domestic life and their answers from 2nd graders. A few people posed the questions to their own kids of about the same age - Mim's are here. Lauredhel's are on the comments on the post.

I thought I'd do the same and reproduce Ben's answers here:

Q1. Why did God make mothers? So we can have people

Q2. How did God make mothers? His really good sort of magic

Q3. What ingredients are mothers made of ? Bones

Q4. Why did God give you your mother and not some other Mum? Because she looks a little bit the same as me.

Q5. What kind of little girl was your Mum? Curious.

Q6. What did Mum need to know about Dad before she married him? What he was like

Q7. Why did your Mum marry your Dad? So you could have a husband (questioning)

Q8. Who’s the boss at your house? Daddy (why?) Oh no you. (why?) Because you know more.

Q9. What’s the difference between Mums & Dads? Girls and boys.

Q10. What does your Mum do in her spare time? Knitting

Q11. What would it take to make your Mum perfect? Learn a lot.

Q12. If you could change one thing about your Mum, what would it be?
Yelling.

Interestingly, he has been telling me for some time that he doesn’t believe in god, but then he’s a rule follower, so I guess he tried his best to answer the questions as presented. I like the idea that I married his father to have a husband – it was said much the same way as I might do something to have a hat.

I wonder how little he thinks his father knows, based on his answers to Q8 & Q11....

Rather damning about the yelling – didn’t realise I did it that much. At least he doesn’t want more stuff.

Hopefully tomorrow's post will be the what came out of my mind wandering away with the ideas raised in Jo Tamar's post and the comments that ensued.


No comments:

Post a Comment