Friday, August 24, 2007

GTT - not recommended

I had the full glucose tolerance test this week, requiring a three day high carbohydrate diet before hand. It wasn't onerous, but I did have to think about it and change what I ate. It was interesting to see how much my habits have changed over the last couple of years. I actually do eat less than many of the "normal" sized servings. This, of course, is only true of (real food) carbs - it didn't specify the normal serving of chocolate...

But the test itself was not fun. It left me feeling very very crappy in a non-descript sort of way for about 2 hours. Although that may have been all the Today show and Kerryann Kennerly I was forced to watch.

Uni is back in earnest, and we have a newbie lecturer who really isn't making it easy. Much of the course reading material is marked "you'll have to search this out yourself". Yeah, great. Very practical for external students. So of course I am dealing with this by not reading those papers...

The work load is also fairly impressive - two 4000 word essays and (as if that weren't enough) three online quizzes. I don't think I have ever written a 4000 word essay before. And the second one is due the day after the baby... oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment