Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Word for 2017

I don't think I managed a word for this year. If I did, I failed to remember it. I want a word for 2017. I'm trying to fix some long standing broken bits in my brain, so having a focus seems.... helpful. I've been pondering for a while, and this evening it made itself apparent.

Kindness

Kindness directed outwards. The world is going to need every scrap of kindness it can get in the coming year, and any tiny way in which I can contribute is worth it.

Kindness directed inwards. This is... challenging. The hardest part of seeing the pshrink is being told to be kind to myself. My brain kind of goes into revolt every time she says it. I suspect that's not how it should be.

So kindness it is. And putting it here might help me actually remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment