Saturday, February 23, 2008

I remember, I am an adult too.

Last night we found some time and emotional energy to behave like a couple. Enjoy some time together, actually talk - that sort of thing. Three and a half months into kid number 3, it's nice to remember we have a grown up relationship independent of the children.

Of course, kid #3 had to spoil the great night by waking at 5am expecting to be fed. After 5 nights in a row of sleeping through, I was getting my hopes up of no turning back. Oh well, hopefully it will be a one off.

Bedtimes are still slowly improving, only 2 trips up the stairs to calm her last night, and final sleep was achieved with her calming herself. I don't know what it is about me/my kids that results in crying being an essential part of bedtime for a few months. It feels almost like they need it to wind down from the day, but I know that other children can go to sleep without crying. Anyhoo, it works so we'll stick with it.

Right now I have about 4 loads of washing to do, plus other stuff and no motivation to do it. Best get off my butt...

2 comments:

  1. Tom was the only one of mine that regularly went to sleep without crying. Once Dave had stopped falling asleep at the breast he'd cry for at least 10 minutes, I'd go in twice to pop the dummy back in and then he'd sleep. Pretty painless all round.

    Caitlin was much harder to settle, we even had her cot in the lounge room for a while during the worst of it because she was disturbing David too much, once it was her bedtime we'd retreat to our bedroom and watch TV in bed. The cot didn't fit in our bedroom and anyway, that was pretty much the last place I wanted it to be. That's when I decided to convert the storeroom to a study and appropriate Adam's study as a bedroom for Cait - our sanity required it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I knew about the cot in the lounge room!

    I guess regardless of how representative thy are or aren't, they certainly are not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete