Sunday, February 03, 2008

Tallying up time

I hate an indecisive result. 9:10pm she was in bed tonight, but I started a little early, so no progress. So my original theory was I would try for a week and change tack if I saw no progress. I can't say I have seen no progress, but really it's only a half hour average improvement. I am still looking at 45 minutes to an hour of settling. Not great. So now what?

I'm prepared to say it hasn't been a great success, but I'm not sure what to try. Backtrack to settling in my arms (not completely ridiculous, she is still not quite 3 months), attempt the next level and let her cry for 10 minutes or so, or carry on as I am for a little longer? Why don't babies come with a manual? I suppose if they did it would be written in Chinglish... Or they would come with a help desk manned by Bigpond staff...

This is where I should get some advice. Whichever I get least annoyed by is clearly what I want to try. :) That's how child raising advice works isn't it?

Oh, and the kid wrangling in the rain was made just that much more enjoyable by finding a flood in the garage and cellar on the way to the car....

1 comment:

  1. I'm pleased to say I have no clear memory of what did or didn't work when the kids were 3 months old. I think Dave was still falling asleep at the breast, Caitlin was probably being settled by being wrapped, the dummy wedged in and her bum firmly patted till she slept but I can't remember whether that was in my arms or in her bed and Tom was always pretty easy to settle so I don't remember what I was doing with him at all. All different anyway.

    Not much help am I?

    As for the garage flood, been there had that happen, it sucks. Did anything get ruined?

    ReplyDelete