Sunday, April 06, 2008

My turn

Well, we survived 3 rounds at school, but I knew it was only a matter of time. Secretly I was hoping that our family might have repellent blood, but it was only ever a pipe dream. So here they are. Lice.

I trudged to the shops to get the lice comb, bought some "No More Tears" conditioner and came home and attacked Ben. I have no idea what the eggs look like. I think in the end I was removing dandruff, not nits, but I really don't know. Charlie still needs to be done tonight.

And when all was said and done and Ben was dressed again, he said "I hope we didn't hurt the mother." "Which mother?" "The mother of the eggs in my hair." "Yes Ben, we killed the mother, that's kinda the point."

Crash was volunteering at Bunnings today to sell sausages for the P&C and was talking to the other parents. Apparently in living memory there has been one child at Yeo Park that has made it through lice-free, and his mother put lavender oil in his hair. I think I'd rather the lice...

No comments:

Post a Comment