Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Celebrating a month of (relative) normality

In two days, Elissa will be 19 months old, which means it has been about a month since she was 18 months, and so it's been about a month since my body finally reached something resembling normality. I am still getting used to being me again.

All sorts of things have not been normal, both psychological and physical. With each of my kids it has taken 18 months to get back to normal, which I can't say I entirely understand.

Now I just need to get out of the habits of being that other person. But that's ok, the habits are not too ingrained, and I am just glad that the low level changes that lasted so long have actually gone. Despite experience, I was still thinking it was never going to pass.

So I'm glad to be me again (modulo not being 20 something anymore). Things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment