Monday, September 20, 2010

In which I resort to text book parenting

I have mentioned a number of times that I suck at toilet training. The story of my efforts with Elissa sort of trailed off, which is probably because the toilet training itself sort of trailed off. Sadly, the accidents haven't stopped, using my preferred method of ignoring it and hoping it would fix itself.

A week or so ago, I had some brownies, so I went with some outright bribery and told Elissa she could have a brownie if she came home from day care without having wet herself. Three days in a row we had a completely dry Elissa. Then the brownies ran out.

So, I have finally dragged out the good old sticker chart.

Hand drawn sticker chart
I have 33 days worth of chart. I wonder what the odds are of anything changing by the end of that time?

2 comments:

  1. Star charts have worked a treat around here. And not just for me! We used them to help our younger daughters to stop sucking their thumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, best of luck!
    I am regarding the upcoming warmer weather with a great deal of trepidation, as Fairy and I are feeling like it's time to begin toilet training with the Tiny Tyrant.
    I hope you and Elissa manage to sort things out to your mutual satisfaction in the next month!

    ReplyDelete