Saturday, November 13, 2010

Raindrops keep falling on my ... hat!

This weekend Crash and I are in Melbourne. I've finally cashed in my Christmas present from last year for a weekend away with the babysitting organised for me!

Sydney-siders give Melbourne a lot of stick for the weather here, and this weekend it's lived up to it's dodgy reputation. Freezing cold and raining after a hot, humid day yesterday. It's rather limited our options, but it also inspired me to buy this hat, rather than an umbrella.

I managed some other shopping too. Mostly at Target, as ridiculous as that seems. The store here has twice as much stuff as any of my local ones, and I've bought 3 dresses (one of which is suitable for work, which is a constant problem for me), 3 tops and a little cardigan.

This afternoon, Samantha from The Discourse mentioned that Matchbox had a special on a device to turn apples into slinkies. Once I determined what the proverbial a "Matchbox" was, I found one at Spencer St and jumped on a tram. We now have said device, as well as some cheater chopsticks for the kids.

Sketchers are in the same complex, and they had pink sparkly shoes for $39. No human being can resist cheap, immensely comfortable pink sparkly shoes, so here they are on my feet.

Crash hasn't completely missed out, he got some jeans and a shirt, which is about as much shopping as he can manage in one go. 

We utterly failed to book any of the restaurants people recommended - we needed a month's notice for most of them. So tonight we're going to a restaurant which we found using the highly selective method of Googling it. You can expect a review of Shoya soon.

5 comments:

  1. Love the hat! You can keep the pink shoes though ;-) They do look comfy, I'll give 'em that!

    I've resisted the temptation to get an apple slinky machine despite it's Firefly cred and kid friendliness. But I might cave in if Adam keeps wanting to make apple pies and the like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! Spotted the stray apostrophe just after clicking Post Comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn sneaky apostrophes. :)

    I'm not normally your pink shoe kinda gal, but these are sparkly! And comfy! I was actually looking for some black ones, but they didn't have any in my size or in my proportions (bloody fat feet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a pink ANYTHING kinda girl, really. But sparkles and comfort over-rule that; Awesome Shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PINK SPARKLY SHOES!!!!

    Ok I'll calm down now.

    ReplyDelete