Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Fundraising can be fun

This afternoon I took Ben to claim the prize I bid on at our trivia night. One of the kindy kids had offered 2 hours' lessons on his trampoline. It was looking like no-one would bid, and Ben rather loves a trampoline, so I chucked ten bucks on it and got it. So Ben was taken through stretching exercises and all sorts (including being allowed free play) this afternoon which was utterly hysterical for me and the donating kid's mum. At the end of the day, I was obliged to provide contact details so Ben could sign up for more lessons - which Ben was keen to do.

And tonight a local toy shop had a shopping night for our school. It's outrageously expensive, but they have some cool stuff and they give us 10% off as well as a further 10% of sales to the school. The P&C provide nibblies and wine (of which I avail myself extensively) and it is a very pleasant evening, if not actually cost effective.

So you know, there is an upside to fundraising, other than the warm fuzzy feeling. And I am very grateful for the chance to meet with and connect with the kindy kid's mum - she was lovely and interesting and does fascinating things.

No comments:

Post a Comment