Saturday, January 17, 2009

I wish to register a complaint

Dear Weather Gods,

I would like to draw your attention to the debacle that has been our recent weather. When I was a child, there were seasons. It was hot in summer and cold in winter. Granted, it jumped around a little in spring and autumn, but there was a certain elegance to the rises and falls.

On Thursday, it was 48 C (118 F). Even McDonalds' air conditioning couldn't make it cool inside. Today, it was 21 C (70 F). Ben was wearing a long sleeved shirt and tracksuit pants. This is just poor planning. If you don't pay attention and use too much heat one day, we all suffer when there isn't enough to go around a couple of days later.

I understand that you must all be very busy trying to determine the new look weather patterns with the steady rise of global warming, but please try to take some pride in your work along the way.

Regards,
Ariane

1 comment:

  1. I stand behind your complaint.

    The weather is crazy.

    I remember the days where you put away winter clothes during the summer and vice-versa. Now it doesn't work that way. Within one week, you need a variety of seasonal clothes.

    ReplyDelete