Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's Saturday

I'm watching some stupid American show try to portray a runaway circus elephant as an evil beast. I'm not buying it, but I don't quite have a justification for it. I recently engaged in an argument with a friend about animal rights in terms of food - I draw an arbitrary line in the sand for food, he draws a very different one, and vegans I know draw a different one again. Who decides these ethics? To what court do we appeal? I just can't cope with that which can't be resolved logically....

3 comments:

  1. Now here is a post that demonstrates how incoherent 1:30am writing can be. Even I'm not entirely sure what my point was. Maybe I'll give you some nice gardening photos later to make up for it. :)

    I'm sorry for wasting 25 seconds of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. You have me thinking about animal rights and vegetarianism, which I always find (as a vegetarian) not nearly as compelling as other arguments. I went vegetarian largely for environmental reasons.

    And hi, BTW. It's been a long time since I've actually stopped to comment! I got really bogged down over the summer and am only just coming out from under it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MPJ! My blog reading has been extremely erratic too. Nice to see you though.

    Environmental reasons are much, much harder to dispute, I suspect, but people are equally less likely to make accusations of me being an unfeeling bitch on the basis of environmental reasons. Which is also kinda odd.

    ReplyDelete